[OpenAFS-devel] eliminating all the various copies that are done with lib*afs builds

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:31:42 -0500

I've been playing around with the idea of eliminating all (or at least
most) of the copies that are done as part of the afs build. I've done a
little bit of the patching required to accomplish this, and it does seem
to work cleanly.=20

Seems to make the build process a little cleaner and faster, since you
don't have multiple copies of the source files getting copied around
(especially when you're changing the main .c file).

Is this something that y'all would be interested in applying if I get it
finished up?

From initial glance, it doesn't look like it would impact the
only_libafs_tree stuff, but I haven't dug into that real closely.=20

-- Nathan