[OpenAFS-devel] Can I force an AFS client not to cache a file?

Christos Ricudis ricudis@itc.auth.gr
17 Sep 2002 13:38:06 +0300

Dear OpenAFs developers,

I am building a custom logging solution for our AFS cell. In
essence, I'm just logging all SRXAFS_FetchData() calls in fileserver, so
when a specific FID is read by a client, a log entry is written
somewhere.

This works as long as the file is not in the client cache.

Is there a way to tell an AFS client NOT to cache a specific file, or
to force a callback on that file so next time the client tries to read
the file, the server is notified?

Is there somewhere a in-depth discussion about the way callbacks work?

Please CC: your answers to me - I will summarize.

Thank you very much,

Christos Ricudis
Systems Administrator
IT Support Center