[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.7-rc4 installation on Jaguar notes

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, David Botsch wrote:

> 9. the pam modules were not compiled, at least in part due to looking
[...]
you do realize that prior to 10.2, there was no pam support in Mac OS X at
all, right?

All of these "items" result from one fact: openafs's pam module was never
ported to OSX. Given that porting it successfully will probably involve
figuring out how to deal with the fun that is dylibs and bundles, I put
it off. There's also the distinct posibility that loginwindow does not
use pam in a way that is friendly to AFS, at least if you want to put
user homedirs in AFS. I'll get to it eventually. If someone else wants to
work on it before then, go for it.