[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.7-rc4 installation on Jaguar notes

David Botsch dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:45:10 -0400

Right. Clearly make install isn't what I want and is not what the packages are
built from. The poin I was trying to make was that it did some ofthe right
stuff and some stuff that could be considered wrong.

If one is put in the position of building from source, then, it would be nice
for make install to work.

also, you skipped over my bullets (9 and on) which had nothing to do with make
install but had to do instead with pam modules not being built. Essentially, it
looks like no one has put in cases yet for darwin on the pam side (ie #define,
cases in the Makefile, etc). I've massaged it to the point where  only have to
figure out the correct option to throw to cc to make it link to a shared
object. Then, hopefully, the pam modules will just work once built (and pam
configured to use them).

These other bullets were also pointing out some incorrect function calls, etc.

Thanks!

--
David William Botsch