[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.7-rc4 installation on Jaguar notes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:48:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, David Botsch wrote:

> Right. Clearly make install isn't what I want and is not what the packages are
> built from. The poin I was trying to make was that it did some ofthe right
> stuff and some stuff that could be considered wrong.
>
> If one is put in the position of building from source, then, it would be nice
> for make install to work.

Is anything other than a package even useful? Sample scripts used to
generate packaging are in the CVS tree. It may be that we need to do
something better, but it's not clear to me at least that make install as
opposed to making packages yourself is at all interesting.

> also, you skipped over my bullets (9 and on) which had nothing to do with make
> install but had to do instead with pam modules not being built. Essentially, it

Yes, because I'm not qualified to comment;-)