[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.7-rc4 installation on Jaguar notes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:45:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, David Botsch wrote:

> I guess the problem I have with this at the moment is that it is
> equivalent to saying on a redhat system, make install won't put
> everything in the right place, but if you use this script to make an
> rpm, then things will work.

Sure, tempered by:

> On a related note, there are two ways to do things on OS X. The OS X
> way or the UNIX way. The install for 10.1 was a mixture of both (ie the

this problem. This is more or less the difference between the OpenAFS
"Darwin" tarballs and the MacOS X packages.

My opinion is underinformed but it's not clear to me that non-package
installs for MacOS X are even as common as on RedHat systems.