[OpenAFS-devel] Jaguar pam compilation

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:15:26 -0400

--On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 14:22:00 -0400 David Botsch
<dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:

> (CC) -Xlinker -dylib $(LDFLAGS) -lpam -lpam_misc -o $@ afs_setcred.o
> afs_auth. o afs_util.o $(SHOBJS) $(LIBS) ;;

I would think that a pam module would need to be an MH_BUNDLE object
(-Xlinker -bundle), not an MH_DYLIB module like you are doing.

It may also be the case that because you are not telling gcc what you are
doing (by using -Xlinker), it's doing something that is proper for
executables but not for dylibs or bundles. Note that while they are not
listed in the manpage, 10.2's gcc (and I think even older ones) accept
-dynamiclib and -bundle switches directly.

I suspect that you are *still* going to lose after making this change,
since the afs code is not compiled with -fno-common (and enabling that will
probably require lots of changes throughout the afs source), or
-flat_namespace (I don't remember if -flat_namespace is really required or
not. that's the hard part about this)