[OpenAFS-devel] Jaguar pam compilation

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn@uni-koeln.de
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:39:16 +0200

--==========2147489406==========

-- Chaskiel M Grundman <cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on=20
Donnerstag, 19. September 2002 11:15 Uhr -0400 regarding Re:=20
[OpenAFS-devel] Jaguar pam compilation:

> --On Wednesday, September 18, 2002 14:22:00 -0400 David Botsch
> <dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:
>
>> (CC) -Xlinker -dylib $(LDFLAGS) -lpam -lpam_misc -o $@ afs_setcred.o
>> afs_auth. o afs_util.o $(SHOBJS) $(LIBS) ;;
>
> I would think that a pam module would need to be an MH_BUNDLE object
> (-Xlinker -bundle), not an MH_DYLIB module like you are doing.
>
> It may also be the case that because you are not telling gcc what you are
> doing (by using -Xlinker), it's doing something that is proper for
> executables but not for dylibs or bundles. Note that while they are not
> listed in the manpage, 10.2's gcc (and I think even older ones) accept
> -dynamiclib and -bundle switches directly.
>
> I suspect that you are *still* going to lose after making this change,
> since the afs code is not compiled with -fno-common (and enabling that
> will probably require lots of changes throughout the afs source), or
> -flat_namespace (I don't remember if -flat_namespace is really required
> or not. that's the hard part about this)

Hi,

not sure if you're aware of this: there is an Apple-sponsored mailing list=20
that's devoted to the porting of Unix apps to OS X.

Help/Unsubscribe/Archives:=20
http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/unix-porting

I'd guess that some of the questions pondered here could be answered there=20

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum f=FCr angewandte Informatik - Universit=E4tsweiter Service RRZK