[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 8 patch 108528-20 breaks afs module

Frank Batschulat Frank Batschulat <Frank.Batschulat@Sun.COM>
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:02:20 +0200 (MEST)

>From: Sergio Gelato <Sergio.Gelato@astro.su.se>
>To: openafs-devel@openafs.org
>
>Sun has just added a third argument to read_binding_file() in Solaris 8
>kernel patch 108528-20 (and is likely to do the same in a future Solaris
>9 patch). The new prototype from <sys/modctl.h> is
>
>extern int read_binding_file(char *, struct bind **,
>    int (*line_parser)(char *, int, char *, struct bind **));
>
>I hope, but am not at all certain, that passing a NULL line_parser will
>do the right thing.

A callback "int (*line_parser)(char *, int, char *, struct bind **)"
is invoked for each line of the files parsed.

However, the new code checks for *line_parse being NULL and
is a NOP in that case, though you cant really depend on that
not changing in the future.

---
frankB

Frank Batschulat                 Solaris Filesystems Group