[OpenAFS-devel] Building OpenAFS in Visual Studio .NET

Murawski, Rob rsm4@cssd.pitt.edu
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:52:03 -0400

I know there has been some work in converting the OpenAFS source tree to
build in Visual Studio .NET.  The 1.2.10 build ALMOST builds out of the
box in Visual Studio .NET 2003.  The MIDL compiler's default option
changed from /NO_ROBUST to /ROBUST in version 6.0.359.  So I propose
that we put the /NO_ROBUST switch in the NTMakefiles as part of the
command line.  Doing so in the older versions doesn't break anything
(it's the default) and in the newer version it makes it work.

The following places need to be changed:
/src/WINNT/afsd/NTMakefile:
	line 98: MIDL_FLAGS=3D...
	add line 102: /no_robust \

/src/WINNT/afsadmsvr/NTMakefile:
	line 94: MIDL_FLAGS=3D...
	add line 104: /no_robust \

/src/WINNT/client_osi/NTMakefile:
	line 72: 	$(MIDL) -Zp4 -cpp_cmd $(cc) -cpp_opt "-E"
/no_robust dbrpc.idl
(Add the /no_robust command line option)

Also, the 1.2.10 source has a typo in /src/WINNT/afsd/cm_conn.c, line
177 has a line break in the middle of the string.

With these changes I was able to get a full build from VS .NET 2003.

Rob Murawski=20
University of Pittsburgh=20
Computing Services and Systems Development=20