[OpenAFS-devel] PR_DumpEntry

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:43:43 -0400

On Friday, August 15, 2003 10:00:11 +0200 Harald Barth <haba@pdc.kth.se>
wrote:

> Seems to me that PR_DumpEntry() does not work any more in ptserver
> 1.2.9. My gdb tells me that the filled in header has a lot of zeros at
> places where I do not expect zeroes (like number of entries). Can
> anyone confirm or deny?

Yes; this is a deliberate change.  PR_DumpEntry was giving away information
based on a very lax interpretation of access control flags, and in some
cases wasn't correctly applying them at all.  Starting in 1.2.7,
PR_DumpEntry is restricted to administrators and to members of the
system:ptsviewers group.

The relevant delta is

  ptserver-acl-dumpentry-to-disallow-access-based-on-record-20020911

-- Jeff