[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 8 hangs

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@stanford.edu
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:44:59 -0700

Hello,

I've found that with recent versions of OpenAFS (1.2.9+) a large number of
my systems will hang at reboot time.  If I remove AFS from being loaded at
startup, the systems will reboot without problem.  As soon as I add AFS
back into the mix, they once again hang at reboot (This is repeatable
multiple times).  Has anyone else seen this?  It seems to particularly
effect Netra T1405 systems.

Note that this happens on Solaris systems with both newer and older patch
clusters, and did not happen on them prior to upgrading their AFS versions.

Thanks,
Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount