[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 8 hangs

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@stanford.edu
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:32:26 -0700

--On Monday, August 25, 2003 3:56 PM -0400 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> If they're still on the network when it happens... does rxdebugging them
> make them finish their shutdown? If they aren't, can you make them be, and
> try it?

Hi Derrick,

I've locked onto a system that consistently shows this behavior since being
upgraded in AFS versions, to which I have a console connection.

With AFS running on the system, and rebooting it shows:

directory5.Stanford.EDU console login:
WARM shutting down of: CB... afs... BkG... CTrunc... AFSDB... RxEvent...
RxListener...
syncing file systems... done

At this point it hangs.

I can then send a break, and reset the system (this time brining it up
without AFS).

Now when I reboot:

directory5.Stanford.EDU console login:
syncing file systems... done
rebooting...
Resetting ...

and everything works just fine.

Running /usr/afsws/etc/rxdebug directory5.stanford.edu when the system is
in a hung state results in nothing happening.
I suspect this is because RxListener has already shut down.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer