[OpenAFS-devel] problems compiling openafs modules on Debian linux

Paul E Rybski prybski@cs.cmu.edu
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:38:04 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
	Has anyone had any troubles compiling the openafs modules under
Debian linux?  I used to not have any problems with this until recently.
I did recently turn off local apic support for uniprocessors in my kernel,
but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  Any thoughts?

I'm running an up-to-date stable/testing and am trying to compile openafs
1.3.50 with gcc-2.95.4 on kernels 2.4.22, 2.4.22-ac4, and 2.4.23.  The
first bit of weirdness is that the configure script doesn't find my
signal.h file.  When I hack the config.cache file to change that and try
recompiling, I get an error saying:

In file included from /usr/include/linux/smp.h:17,
                 from /usr/include/linux/percpu_counter.h:9,
                 from /usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:20,
                 from /usr/include/linux/ext2_fs.h:20,
                 from devname.c:91:
/usr/include/asm/smp.h:73: mach_apicdef.h: No such file or directory

I don't want to spam the list with the complete error messages yet, but I
can if anybody wants to give a go at helping me debug this...  Another
fellow in my group is having similar problems with his Debian
testing/unstable distribution (though I don't know if he's having the same
compile problems...).

Thanks!

-Paul