[OpenAFS-devel] problems compiling openafs modules on Debian linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:46:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Paul E Rybski wrote:

> Hi,
> 	Has anyone had any troubles compiling the openafs modules under
> Debian linux?  I used to not have any problems with this until recently.
> I did recently turn off local apic support for uniprocessors in my kernel,
> but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.  Any thoughts?
>
> I'm running an up-to-date stable/testing and am trying to compile openafs
> 1.3.50 with gcc-2.95.4 on kernels 2.4.22, 2.4.22-ac4, and 2.4.23.  The
> first bit of weirdness is that the configure script doesn't find my
> signal.h file.  When I hack the config.cache file to change that and try
> recompiling, I get an error saying:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/smp.h:17,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/percpu_counter.h:9,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/ext2_fs_sb.h:20,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/ext2_fs.h:20,
>                  from devname.c:91:
> /usr/include/asm/smp.h:73: mach_apicdef.h: No such file or directory

The patch here:
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/vol-linux-dont-assume-ext2-20031208

will not apply directly but if you make the same change it will go away.

I'd like to see at least enough of config.log to know what the deal with
signal.h is.