[OpenAFS-devel] autoconf XBSA_CFLAGS variable

Matt Bacchi mbacchi@gmavt.net
Sun, 02 Feb 2003 10:25:00 -0500

I'm trying to compile with "--enable-tivoli-tsm", and finding that the
XBSA_CFLAGS variable doesn't percolate down to the src/butc/Makefile
correctly.  I'm guessing there are other places it should be added to as
well, primarily the src/bu[_utils,db,basics,tm] directories.  I found
this in openafs-1.2.9-rc1, but also looked quickly at openafs-1.2.9-rc2
and see the same.  Can this be due to the activity surrounding the
removal of the CFLAGS from individual src/*/Makefile.in files to the
central src/config/Makefile.in?  I tried fixing my tree by placing
"@XBSA_CFLAGS@" at the end of the "CFLAGS" line in
src/config/Makefile.in but this didn't work due to undefined xbsa
symbols.  Should we also be linking to
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libXApi.a or libApiDS.a to build butc
with XBSA support?

Can someone also explain the relationship between the src/butc directory
and the src/tbutc directory?  I don't quite understand what tbutc is
there for.

Thanks,
-Matt