[OpenAFS-devel] autoconf XBSA_CFLAGS variable

Leo Luan luan@almaden.ibm.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:14:48 -0800

> From: Matt Bacchi <mbacchi@gmavt.net>
> To: openafs-devel@openafs.org
> Subject: [OpenAFS-devel] autoconf XBSA_CFLAGS variable
>
> I'm trying to compile with "--enable-tivoli-tsm", and finding that the
> XBSA_CFLAGS variable doesn't percolate down to the src/butc/Makefile
> correctly.  I'm guessing there are other places it should be added to as
> well, primarily the src/bu[_utils,db,basics,tm] directories.  I found
> this in openafs-1.2.9-rc1, but also looked quickly at openafs-1.2.9-rc2
> and see the same.  Can this be due to the activity surrounding the
> removal of the CFLAGS from individual src/*/Makefile.in files to the
> central src/config/Makefile.in?  I tried fixing my tree by placing
> "@XBSA_CFLAGS@" at the end of the "CFLAGS" line in
> src/config/Makefile.in but this didn't work due to undefined xbsa
> symbols.  Should we also be linking to
> /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libXApi.a or libApiDS.a to build butc
> with XBSA support?

I believe libXApi.a is the XBSA library.  You may also need libApiDS.a.   I
think the libApiDS is the original ADSM (former name of TSM) library.  The
XBSA library, if I remember it right, is basically a wrapper around the
ADSM library to conform to XBSA, which the butc interfaces with.

> Can someone also explain the relationship between the src/butc directory
> and the src/tbutc directory?  I don't quite understand what tbutc is
> there for.

The tbutc looks like the Windows butc build directory.

Leo