[OpenAFS-devel] Compiling for Usermode-Linux?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp@epost.de
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:48:53 +0100

Hi there.

I'd like to setup UML hosts as testbeds for afs fileservers and clients.=20
However i do not know how to compile the openafs suite for UML. Obviously i=
t=20
is not in the list of supported system types (i386_linux24 etc).

Is it possible to compile only the kernel modules? The only changes necessa=
ry=20
to compile the linux kernel sources as UML binary is to add 'ARCH=3Dum' on =
the=20
kernel configuration and compilation command line. Could a new compilation=
=20
directive be deduced by reusing the usual system params (i386-2.4 for me) a=
nd=20
just adding this flag for the kernel part? If yes, then where exactly?

Best regards, Marcus