[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS 1-2.9-rc2 build with W2k, Visual Studio.net7, Oct 2002 SDK

Ken Beal ken@kenbeal.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:28:37 -0500

OK thanks.  I've done a bunch of work on the build scripts and am almost
ready to send the updates to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.

What format should I send them in?  The easiest I could think would be to
ZIP them up and send them as an attachment, but if preferred I could send
DIFFs (although some of the files have CR/LF issues that make DIFF's output
look rather ugly).

How do I go about getting an account for the RT database?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to contributing.

	Sincerely,
	Ken

PS Short list of fixes: moved a bunch of the "setup" from the README-NT file
into the build (copying files); added some sanity-checking in the
ntbuild.bat script; put "if exist" in front of all DEL commands; fixed the
"clean" target (couldn't do two "clean"s in a row, as it deleted the
src\config\NTMakefile.version file which is included in many NTMakefiles);
and am submitting my chkbuild.pl script which can be used to check for
errors that (for some reason or other) nmake doesn't stop on.