[OpenAFS-devel] TSM X/Open API support for Linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:14:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Matt Bacchi wrote:

> On a related note, I have read on the ADSM-L mailing list of someone who
> added TSM capability to the Transarc AFS butc.  Not to mention Mitch
> Collinsworth's efforts at Cornell to support Amanda.  Is it time to
> start discussing a 'grand unified' backup architecture for Open AFS?

Sure, and CMU (2 different departments) have been rewriting stage.

Everyone and their mom has the idea for a backup system. How are we going
to convince everyone to agree on one of them?