[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS] Does AFS need a partition?

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
11 Jan 2003 13:39:54 -0600

On Sat, 2003-01-11 at 13:28, Charles Clancy wrote:
> Does the fileserver currently follow symlinks for /vicepX directories?
> Support for that might be easier than adding another configuration file,
> and give the same flexibility.

Not sure, my guess is that there are probably ISDIR() checks in the
code, but unless it is using lstat(), it would probably work.

Yes, it appears to work attaching a /viceX if the /viceX is a symlink to
another dir that has AlwaysAttach in it. Not sure if there is any other
dependency like salvager that would have problems.

> Don't make it too flexible, or you'll get people who want to store their
> fileserver partitions for one cell in the AFS space of another.  ;)

*laugh* I wonder if that would actually work?

-- Nathan