[OpenAFS-devel] new README-NT

James Peterson james@abrakus.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:19:44 -0800

The patches to make VS7 compile are mostly completed.  The makefiles must
know which complier is being used so util_cr.c has been modified to detect
the complier version.  I will submit the patches over the weekend.

The reasons for doing Install Shield over MSI is based on Install Shield's
permission to publish their scripts.   When we are able to obtain permission
from Microsoft to publish their MSI scripts we can use that methodology.

You left out: "NOTE: If CELLNAME_DEFAULT has a '.' in cell name, then the
name is assumed to be
a valid cell name and when the user installs AFS the AFS Control Center
will default to NOT installed!"

This was suppose to indicate that the if you put a valid name in it will not
ask you for one during installation!

Why are you making reference to building with Windows 2000.  I have built
installable versions on every version of Windows OS except Win95 or NT3.5.

Leave in the stuff about installer (IS5ROOT).  Until we have permission from
Microsoft about their installer we best stay with what we have.

James
"Integrity is the Base of Excellence"