[OpenAFS-devel] coding standards proposal

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:58:11 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Jim Rees wrote:

> Expanding tabs is a possibility, but I'm not convinced it's necessary.  It
> would require changes in the way we do things.  In particular, for me at
> least, "cvs commit" would have to do the expansion, because not all the code
> I check in comes from my editor, and my normal sanity checks (cvs diff)
> won't catch tabs.  Maybe this could be done on the cvs server?  Anyway, it
> would be a change from what we do now, and I would want to hear a compelling
> reason to change.

Talked about this at dinner last night. If you do this, after committing,
your file should still be state M, because it won't match the server.

> The issue of indentation is, or should be, separate from that of tabs.  I

I agree.

And in reference to your last comment, these are GNU indent options