[OpenAFS-devel] rx mtu

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:22:56 -0500

What you really want is path mtu, not interface mtu.  On OpenBSD, this can
be discovered by doing an rtalloc() and using rt_rmx.rmx_mtu, although I
don't know if this is valid before the first packet is sent.

How many other systypes support path mtu?  If I put code in to use this on
OpenBSD, how many other arch maintainers would be willing to add the
necessary code and do the testing for it to work on your systype?

If I do this, is it useful?  I'm not even sure what pp->ifMTU is used for.
It does not seem to limit the size of udp packets sent.  Maybe it's not used
for anything.