[OpenAFS-devel] rx mtu

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:46:57 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Jim Rees wrote:

> What you really want is path mtu, not interface mtu.

Sure.

> How many other systypes support path mtu?  If I put code in to use this on
> OpenBSD, how many other arch maintainers would be willing to add the
> necessary code and do the testing for it to work on your systype?

Well, here's the thing. We have platforms like Irix and AIX where we don't
necessarily have enough information to do it, so anything you do would
have to be able to be used or not.

> If I do this, is it useful?  I'm not even sure what pp->ifMTU is used for.
> It does not seem to limit the size of udp packets sent.  Maybe it's not used
> for anything.

Sure looks like rxi_InitPeerParams() uses it to set pp->ifDgramPackets, in
rxi_SendAck, and to set natMTU, which in turn is used to set maxMTU...