[OpenAFS-devel] Openafs on Linux RS/6000 43P-140

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
30 Jan 2003 12:16:28 -0500

Tilo Buschmann <tilo.buschmann@s2000.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:

> > Do you get this every time you reboot?
>
> No, because I don't start afs at every reboot (it wouldn't make sense,
> because it is not working). But I don't get it every time I start the
> init script.

Fair enough...

> > This might be part of
> > the problem.  It means you have AFS "started", then you umount /afs,
> > then you try to remount /afs without unloading and reloading the
> > kernel module.  This could certainly be the cause of your problem.
>
> That would mean, that afs should have worked at least once. I started
> afs serveral times correctly.

At this point I have no idea what to tell you.  It sounds like
you're doing things correctly, but obviously there is something
wrong.  I'm out of ideas.  Sorry.

> > Another potection issue could be iptables rules blocking packets.
> > What do you get from "iptables -L"?
>
> Well, at this moment I can't reproduce anything, because I crashed the
> machine (remotely, sic) by shutting down afs.
>
> But I am sure, that iptables -L brings nothing, because I didn't
> implemented yet any firewall funcionality (and I didn't touch anyone of
> these ugly Suse personal firewall scripts).

I believe you -- I'm just grasping at straws.  I've got no clue what's
failing at this point.  It's probably something simple that we're all
overlooking.

> Tilo

-derek