[OpenAFS-devel] Proposed change for handling backup volumes

Nathan Neulinger nneul@umr.edu
07 Jul 2003 16:22:05 -0500

I can see this as being a dangerous change of behavior... Think about
the:

   oh damn, I just screwed something up, quick - remount the .backup
volume so I have some time to fix it.

With the semantics of the below patch, that would suddenly change what
that operation meant.

Definately NOT something to have enabled by default.

I would almost rather see a new mount syntax. Right now there are the
two different mount types - one normal, and one to force RW (ignoring
the cellular mounts). Could we not add another one that forces BK with
less side-effects than this change? Granted, it would require client
(and server?) changes to take effect though...

-- Nathan