[OpenAFS-devel] Proposed change for handling backup volumes

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:58:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Nathan Neulinger wrote:

> I just hate to dramatically change the semantics of mounts like you
> describe by default since it makes it impossible to use a backup volume
> in a way that it had previously been used. The idea does seem very
> useful though.

I'm curious, what are you doing? I never traverse mountpoints below going
into a .backup intentionally, sometimes accidentally, and in those cases,
I'd rather have that backup volume, also, if only because in all the cases
I care about the whole tree is backed up at the same time.

What are you doing that I'm not?