[OpenAFS-devel] AFS Server for Windows

Otto-Michael BRAUN omb@ieee.org
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 20:04:06 +0100

For a major project with several hundreds of Linux servers running OpenAFS
I have to check OpenAFS Server for Windows and (later) Mac.

I didn't succeed in just installing OpenAFS Server for Windows neither on
win2k prof workstation nor server, neither binaries of downloadable version
1.2.2b nor 1.2.8a. After having entered all cell etc. information the
installer hangs while trying to start the bos server.

I checked the registry and found lots of bad paths. The web showed me that
I am not alone with these experiences. Could you possibly give me a hint
how you succeeded in installing afs server on win2k or winxp ?

It is not that I am a fan of MS, but for the project it would be a big
advantage for AFS if it would be possible to integrate win2k (and mac) servers.

It would be very nice if someone could answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Otto-Michael BRAUN