[OpenAFS-devel] Windows AFS client reports broken pipe when trying to flush volumes that have become unavailable

Lantzer, Ryan lantzer@umr.edu
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:25:23 -0600

At our site, we seem to have a large number of instances where one or
more (but not all) drives mapped to volumes on AFS appear to suddenly
become unavailable. The drives appear to be empty, and attempting to
flush the problematic volumes results in an error message indicating a
broken pipe. This problem does not seem to affect all drives mapped to
resources on AFS, since some drives mapped to different volumes continue
to work properly. Either rebooting or refreshing the volume ID/name map
appears to make things start working again. We are seeing the problem
under Windows XP Pro with OpenAFS 1.2.8 installed.

Has anyone else seen similar problems and/or know of a way to reproduce
this problem?

Ryan Lantzer