[OpenAFS-devel] Win2K client read discrepancy

C Pelton cjpelton@mailbox.ucdavis.edu
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:16:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

We're using an IIS ISAPI filter to read an AFS file for authentication,
and are running into problems sometimes reading the file. It will be
unreadable by the IIS process, but readable - w/2-3 sec delay - by a
normal user in the command window or Explorer, etc.. The event ID error
code is mostly 1004, but sometime 1009, and I tried to look those up with
the error helper without much luck.

This problem can disappear and re-appear without any system or software
changes, that I can tell.

Two questions:

Any idea what it might be?

Is there a function call I can use to get more information about the file,
possible a read error, that I could put into my ISAPI filter code?

Thanks,
Chris Pelton