[OpenAFS-devel] 1.2.9: Pthreads and signals combination is broken.

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 7 May 2003 18:58:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> I said something other than what I meant. It's not important because I
> think you figured it out. No, reading on, I guess not. The softsig thread
> is for handling the signals, not receiving them. Anyhow,

Ok, so to be clear:
the softsig thread handles the signals, and all but USR1 and fatal signals
are being blocked in all threads but the main thread. (except it appears
this actually isn't true and we missed the periodic helper threads).

I should just read what I type and make sure to not leave crap out.