[OpenAFS-devel] Windows error ERROR_REQ_NOT_ACCEP

James Peterson james@abrakus.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 13:01:17 -0700

The trace option will display the SMB activity that goes on while the Cache
Manager is active.

The event log information probably won't do you much good without some
familarity with the SMB protocol.   However, I would be interesting in
pouring over a copy of the log after this failure occured.   If you set up
the event log so that it will keep logging (over write the oldest) and then
when your machine jams, export the event log to a file and email it to me.
(Not to worry, your password information is not part of the event log dump.)

Personally I suspect the error is because the Cache manager is returning an
incorrect error for a SMB request it doesn't have coding for; something like
that.

James Peterson
"Integrity is the Base of Excellence"