[OpenAFS-devel] File server won't talk to client

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:58:13 -0500

Every now and then some file server will refuse to talk to one of my
clients.  I don't know what triggers this, but the only solution is to
restart the server.

I finally got a good trace of the problem.  It shows two clients at the same
IP address (one is behind a nat), both pinging the server.  The server only
replies to one of them.

I know there was a similar problem in Transarc afs, but I thought it was
fixed.

I'm trying to find out that version of OpenAFS the server is running (is
there some way to ask it?).  Meanwhile, here's the trace.

/afs/umich.edu/user/r/e/rees/pub/fs-wont-talk.tr