[OpenAFS-devel] File server won't talk to client

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:05:44 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Jim Rees wrote:

> Every now and then some file server will refuse to talk to one of my
> clients.  I don't know what triggers this, but the only solution is to
> restart the server.
>
> I finally got a good trace of the problem.  It shows two clients at the same
> IP address (one is behind a nat), both pinging the server.  The server only
> replies to one of them.

> I know there was a similar problem in Transarc afs, but I thought it was
> fixed.

Active at the same time? On the same port? Anything in FileLog at the
time?

The "blacklist" was removed, so I doubt it's the same problem.

> I'm trying to find out that version of OpenAFS the server is running (is
> there some way to ask it?).  Meanwhile, here's the trace.

Guess I'll look at your trace.
rxdebug fileserver.host.name 7000 -version