[OpenAFS-devel] Parse errors and compile errors when compiling OpenAFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:13:32 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Adam Parrish wrote:

> I downloaded openafs-modules-source to patch my 2.4.20 kernel and I am
> getting a significant amount of errors a ways into the compile. Does
> anyone know what any of this could be. I am pasting the final bit of the
> compile output and hopefully that will help someone debug this problem.
> I am running the command
> "make-kpkg modules_image --append_to_version -ia64"
> the output can be viewed here:
> http://www4.ncsu.edu:8030/~waparris/afsoutput

not all of it. the interesting bit is missing:
make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs/src/vol'
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/openafs'
Module /usr/src/modules/openafs failed.
Hit return to Continue
:20,
                 from devname.c:90:
/usr/include/asm/processor.h: In function `ia64_imva':

Hit return to Continue isn't part of the build, so something interspersed
by you or the modules-source package is doing it. Got complete unabridged
output?