[OpenAFS-devel] Stop me before I NAT again...

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@ieee.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:33:20 -0700

Todd M. Lewis wrote:

> [patch to afs_daemons.c]

Amazing. I was going to write this up tonight myself. I made almost the
exact same change, and it appears to have solved the problems I was
experiencing with missed callbacks behind a Linksys router.

All I did was move the

afs_CheckServers(0, (struct cell *) 0);

line from inside the every-10-min loop to inside the every-3-min loop. I
didn't need to mess with fs -interval. (It doesn't appear to have
anything to do with the timing of these loops.) In any case it seems to
work, at least for a Linksys.

I tried to get Linksys to tell me what their UDP timeout was, but it was
like talking to an undergraduate AI project. I got every canned answer
that had 'UDP' or 'timeout' in it, but nothing useful. Interestingly,
their release notes actually mention changing the timeout in a recent
release, but I don't think the support people have any access to developers.

I'll put the patch up on the web tonight.

Steve