[OpenAFS-devel] How can the mem cache possibly not be able to allocate memory?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah@stanford.edu
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:06:14 -0700

--On Thursday, April 08, 2004 9:35 AM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> "chas williams (contractor)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes:

On a separate note about memcache, I will input that we used memcache on
our production www servers for a time.  We found that the memcache was
particularly bad about keeping files 'fresh', in that we would have to
reboot the servers every week or so to clear out the cache since it had
old, bogus information in it, which caused a number of complaints when
people would access web pages.  So something about memcache does not keep
the contents up-to-date.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount