[OpenAFS-devel] volserver hangs that never recover...

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 08:24:47 -0500

> > I still see these occasionally... only solution usually is=20
> to shut down
> > the file server completely, and kill -KILL the fileserver process -
> > because almost always it will hang while attempting to unmount a
> > particular volume (but never the same volume)...
>=20
> Is it volserver or tvolserver?

lwp volserver

>=20
> > Unfortunately, I don't really have any good diagnostics,=20
> other than that
> > when it's hung, it always seems to be waiting for I/O over a socket
> > to/from the file server. Killing volserver doesn't have any=20
> effect - it
> > winds up just being stuck in the same or similar state.
>=20
> gcore, and look. it's probably waiting for fssync ack.

I'm pretty sure that's the case... Will take a look the next time it
happens. Any solutions in sight for the fssync thread issue?

> likewise, what's in filelog? volserlog?

Nothing relevant around that time period.

-- Nathan