[OpenAFS-devel] volserver hangs that never recover...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:11:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Neulinger, Nathan wrote:

> > Is it volserver or tvolserver?
>
> lwp volserver

ok. well,i wouldn't expect the tvolserver to have an effect either way but
it's worth asking.

> > > Unfortunately, I don't really have any good diagnostics,
> > other than that
> > > when it's hung, it always seems to be waiting for I/O over a socket
> > > to/from the file server. Killing volserver doesn't have any
> > effect - it
> > > winds up just being stuck in the same or similar state.
> >
> > gcore, and look. it's probably waiting for fssync ack.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's the case... Will take a look the next time it
> happens. Any solutions in sight for the fssync thread issue?

it's hard to have a solution for an issue i don't know i have.

to be clear: gcore the fileserver. what will be interesting is to see
what all the threads are doing.