[OpenAFS-devel] pr_Initialize falis when called within a simple application

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:22:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, John Hayes wrote:

> 5. Notice that I made sure this one went just to the list as you requested.

Thank you;-)

> 6. I made the modifications suggested in your last message and the
> application produces a segmentation fault - I've been here before with
> this.

Can you get a backtrace?

> 7. How do I put the configuration files in a communally accessible AFS
> space  (if you still think you need to see  them)

no, you got past that step, and I should have seen it.

>> call as ka_UserAuthenticateGeneral(
>> KA_USERAUTH_ONLY_VERIFY+KA_USERAUTH_VERSION, UserName, .....

klog calls it:
         ka_UserAuthenticateGeneral(KA_USERAUTH_VERSION +
                                    (dosetpag ? KA_USERAUTH_DOSETPAG2 : 0),
                                    pw->pw_name, instance, realm, passwd,
                                    lifetime, &password_expires, 0, &reason);

but none of the fields you don't have should matter, at least from a
rudimentary glance over the code.