ptproxy (was Re: [OpenAFS-devel] IBM public license code (from OpenAFS) in samba/examples/nss ok?)

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:09:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:46:35PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> Ignoring the licensing question for the moment; I'm curious how heavily
> you've exercised this, if winbind can end up blocking, and, if you tried
> that case, how the fileserver dealt.

If you look at winbind in Samba HEAD, you will see that I'm in the process of
getting it as non-blocking as possible. Currently winbind is strictly
serialized, in the future it will be able to have multiple requests
outstanding. A single request however might be blocked by a broken or
overloaded Windows DC. No idea what I should do then. Is there a RX error
message "I'm working on it, come back later" or something like that?

Volker