ptproxy (was Re: [OpenAFS-devel] IBM public license code (from OpenAFS) in samba/examples/nss ok?)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Attached find a patch to Samba that implements a rather AFS-specific thing: A
> proxy that speaks the AFS ptserver protocol as a server, and redirects the
> queries to a locally running winbind. I'd like to commit that to Samba, so that
> I don't have to patch my customer's special RPM.

Ignoring the licensing question for the moment; I'm curious how heavily
you've exercised this, if winbind can end up blocking, and, if you tried
that case, how the fileserver dealt.

It looks pretty interesting, at any rate.