[OpenAFS-devel] Re: IBM public license code (from OpenAFS) in samba/examples/nss ok?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:29:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> If you have code you wrote yourself and can relicense as IPL, openafs can
> distribute it. In that case it will presumably need to find and link against
> samba libraries. And there's a messy case where those need to be LGPL, which
> I bet they aren't, unless we get a non-GPL library which implements the same
> interface.

Oh, sick, write an interface which communicates through a socket or
something, and write a non-GPL implementation of a flat file service to
live behind it to satisfy licensing constraints.

You may now drag me out back and shoot me.