[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.75 is soon to be released

Michael Niksch nik@zurich.ibm.com
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:36:41 +0100

 > Changes to the Unix sources are going to result in a 1.3.75 release in
 > the either today or tomorrow.  If you have a chance to test the latest
 > daily builds please do so:
 >
 >   http://web.mit.edu/~jaltman/Public/OpenAFS/

I conclude that personally, you are more interested in whether the
latest Windows code is still working. Well, 1.3.7402 (20041207)
installed and seems to be working for me. Hard to say more that quickly.

There are a few details that bother me, though. Whenever I update my
client, I have to tell the installer that I do not want freelance mode,
and that I do not want DNS lookups, but that I do want integrated login.
It would be nice if the installer just detected and kept my current
settings.

What also puzzles me is that my \\afs folder shows all cell mount points
abbreviated to 12 characters. This looks like a strange remainder from
the 8.3 filename.ext days. Even weirder is the fact that the client will
enter a cell if I type just enough characters of its name to make it
unique, and that all characters after the 12th are completely ignored.

--
Michael Niksch                     /Zurich/IBM @ IBMCH
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory     nik@zurich.ibm.com