[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Parameter file for x86_64 bit architecture ?

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs@ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:23:44 +0100

Frank Bagehorn wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:25:50 -0500, Kris Van Hees wrote:
>
>>Try amd64_linux24?
>

> Thanks Kris. This helps.
> So instead of trying to compile x86_64_linux24 I told my RPM SPEC file to
> use amd64_linux24. (Getting x86_64 to compile is more difficult. Copying
> the param files from amd64 to x86_64 is NOT enough although I would expect
> that it should be quite easy to clone an architecture. So I gave up on
> that part.)
> As a result I get RPMs (compiling on RHEL 3 WS - kernel 2.4.21-20.EL
> kernel - on an Intel EM64T hardware) that I installed.
> Starting AFS returns many afsd error -1 messages, turning on verbose
> messaging really increases the amount of communication, but not for the
> pieces I'm looking for, there the simple error -1 statement remains. (See
> attached file.) So what is error -1 ? Or to be more precise: What is
> "Error -1 in basic initialization." ?
> What should I be looking for ?

Last week I've posted a patch to this list to make error messages at least
in this case more clear. Will someone commit something close to it?
And, few minutes ago went in also my response on the same topic. ;)
Hope this helps. ;)
Martin