[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.75 confugure trouble

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:27:06 -0500

--On Thursday, December 09, 2004 05:13:41 PM -0800 Matthew Andrews
<mnandrews@lbl.gov> wrote:

> when I run configure it bombs out while testing for sys_call_table:
> $ ./configure --with-afs-sysname=amd64_linux26
> --with-linux-kernel-headers=/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.678_FC3smp/build/
> --enable-transarc-paths

<<SNIP>>

> the "./configure: line 3883: test: : integer expression expected" error
> seems odd. I get the same behavior from CVS head at the moment. Any
> thoughts on what's happening here?

The problem is in the autoconf/configure script.  The section of code that
checks for sys_call_table[] is now relying on the variable $AFS_SYSKVERS.
I spent some time yesterday afternoon tracking this down.  $AFS_SYSKVERS is
set from manipulating $LINUX_VERSION (line 2688 in the configure script
provided in the source tarball).  However this code is inside of an if
statement that's operating against --with-afs-sysname.  If you hand-specify
--with-afs-sysname then the configure script never sets $AFS_SYSKVERS
because it's inline of the logic for the auto-detection.  If you don't need
to explicitly specify --with-afs-sysname, try compiling without it.  I'm
hoping to have a patch for this problem, but haven't been able to get back
to it yet today.

--
Jason McCormick
CERT Infrastructure Team