[OpenAFS-devel] RC-Script correctness for Linux 2.6

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:50:42 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 06:54:19PM +0100, Mike Becher wrote:
> I work on ia64_linux26 stuff for openafs. Anytime I try to use CVS
> snapshots or unstable versions of source code I have to apply a patch to
> afs.rc.linux to make it work for Linux 2.6. The nameing conventions for
> modules is now "<module>.ko". The patch makes afs.rc able to distiguish
> between module extensions for old and new nameing convention.

You may want to take a look at the new client init script from my
1.3.x RPMs for Fedora Core -- <http://www.mattdm.org/misc/openafs/>.

(If unpacking the src rpm is a pain for you, let me know, and I can send you
the init script directly.)

As always, anyone's help in making this better is much appreciated.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>