[OpenAFS-devel] 1.3.75 on FC3

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:46:22 -0500

On Thursday, December 16, 2004 19:07:32 +0100 Andrej Filipcic
<andrej.filipcic@ijs.si> wrote:

> The following code in osi_module.c should be commented for fedora kernels:
> (arround line ~ 800)...

Note that if you do this, we will not be able to trap syscalls made by
32-bit programs.  That means...

- 32-bit versions of programs that need to make AFS syscalls will not
  work at all (the /proc ioctl interface is not currently available for
  32-bit programs).

- If you use a 32-bit version of a program that calls setgroups(), you
  will lose your PAG.

There is code on the way that will allow us to properly deal with the
situation where ia32_sys_call_table is not exported.  What I have appears
to work, but requires additional testing before it can be integrated into
OpenAFS.

-- Jeff