[OpenAFS-devel] RC-Script correctness for Linux 2.6

Matthew Miller mattdm@mattdm.org
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:42:55 -0500

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 08:44:52AM +0100, Mike Becher wrote:
> OK, I have taken a look at your openafs-init.sh. It depends really on
> redhat based distributions.

Thanks; these are helpful points.

>  * Patch supplied make it work on other systems (I hope).

I'll integrate this into the next release.

>  * If "openafs-init.sh stop" will be called it is better to kill all
>    processes which CWD is in /afs or which have files open in /afs.
>    You can find out such processes with for example
>      lsof | awk '($NF ~ /^\/afs/){print $2}' | uniq
>    Then seend them a kill -HUP <pids> and after some times scan again and
>    send a kill -KILL <pids> then umount will probably not fail.
>  * If you want that openafs-init.sh should umount AFS only when there are
>    no clients of /afs then provide another option like for example
>      openafs-init.sh softstop

Hmmm. Should it be that way, or the other way around -- "force-stop"

>  * SuSE need also some suggestions for default Start/Stop runlevels.

Okay. I'll add that too.

Thanks!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>